AlphaScrip is more than just a vendor. We serve as a trusted partner, bringing over 25 years of experience in processing sample voucher and rebate card claims. Read more about our industry leading claims processes below.
As an active member of the NCPDP (National Council of Prescription Drug Programs), we cooperate with fellow members to address issues related to the processing standards of sample and rebate vouchers. Below are a few key details about AlphaScrip’s programs.
- Sample vouchers and co-pay discount cards are accepted at all pharmacies throughout the U.S and Puerto Rico; including all major retail chains.
- Data warehousing is not outsourced to a third party. AlphaScrip stores it all on our own servers.
- All data management and claims processes comply with HIPAA standards and employees receive HIPAA training annually.
- Operations are SAS-70 compliant, and are audited to test operational controls.
- AlphaScrip provides support to both pharmacies and patients.
Sample Voucher Claims Submission Process
Step-1: Physician writes Rx and provides trial voucher.
Step-2: Primary claim for the trial product submitted to AlphaScrip.
Step-3: Claim adjudicated, reimbursing pharmacist for product dispensed; claim paid-messaging along with the reimbursement rate sent to pharmacist.
Step-4: Pharmacist dispenses product at no cost to patient.
Copay Discount Card Claims Submission Process
Step-1: Physician writes Rx and provides rebate materials
Step-2: Primary claim submitted to insurance provider
Step-3: Claim adjudicated and claim-paid-messaging – along with required co-pay sent to pharmacist
Step-4: Secondary claim for rebate amount submitted to AlphaScrip
Step-5: Claim adjudicated, paying the lower of either the co-pay or rebate amount; claim-paid messaging, along with any remaining required co-pay, sent to pharmacist.
Contact for Pharmacies:
1-877-274-3244 (Mon-Fri 8:00am to 11:00pm EST; Sat 8:30am to 10:00pm EST; Sun 9:00am to 5:00pm EST)
Contact for Patients:
8am-6pm (Mountain Time) through our toll free line: 1-800-274-3244
We are committed to using the most secure data management and processing standards along with operational and service standards. See an outline of our processes below.